Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Color Run- My 1st 5K

On Sunday !0/21/12 I drove down to National Harbor, MD to meet my friend Angie from high school & her running buddy Tabitha for the Color Run 5K.  It was a blast!!
Here is Angie & Tabitha before the run
& here is me!!
They let people go every 10 minutes or so. While we waited a DJ talked and threw swag at us - socks, sunglasses, bags, t-shirts. The course was nice - a big hill at the start and then just downhill after that. Every kilometer or so they had a blasting station. Those were so much fun! I brought my iPhone with me so here are some action shots of Angie & Tabitha.  :)
In the Yellow zone:

& the Blue zone:
& the we found the Finish line!!!  I had just completed my 1st 5K!!

Angie had gotten some of the blue powder on her teeth, lol!
Here is a picture of us with all the color at the end!!
& the back of Angie
We had a blast!!  I am glad I chose this 5K as my 1st one as it was a really laid back run for anyone of all abilities!!







No comments:

Post a Comment