Sunday, September 16, 2012

Get to the Shore for Summer Challenge

A friend came up with the idea of running/walking to the shore from her house by 9/22 which is the 1st day of fall. From her house to the shore was 140 miles, so that's how she chose the distance which wasn't bad as it averaged out to be only 8.75 miles per week. Well I kind of went over board on this challenge & decided that since I wasn't much of a runner when we 1st started this challenge, that I would double my efforts, since the other 2 girls were actually running their miles, that I was going to double the miles for this challenge & go for 280 miles. I'm happy to say I made it to the shore over the week of my birthday & have been on the way back home at this point. Almost home too!! As of last Sunday, I only had 20.86 miles left until I was back home & as of now I'm at 17.5 for this week & I still plan on going for a RUN tonight!! I got so comfortable with walking the distance that I broke out of my comfort zone late last month & ran 1.5 miles straight for the 1st time in my life!! :-). Since that night, I've pushed myself at least 2-3 per week to go past comfort & run! & yes I've managed it!! Last run on Wed was another personal record for me!! 3 miles at an 11:53 min/mile pace!! I've ran 3 miles straight for 1st time in my life!! I am still signed up for the color run 5K next month, & continuing to get comfortable with my running so that the next challenge friends & I do, I am running the entire distance!! :-) also looking at more 5K races to sign up for to keep me out there running!! I think I've found a new love of RUNNING!! & I thought I would never be one to say that!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment