Sunday, November 11, 2012

National Veterans Day Run Virtual 11K


 
Today is Veteran's Day & to honor all my family, friends, & others that serve our country for our freedom, I have registered for this virtual 11K run for today!  :)  All profits go to the Wounded Warrior project.  This is my 3rd race in less than a month.  Both of my daughters came along with me for this jog/walk, & we chose to go down to the York County Rail Trail  from Gladfelters Station Parking Lot to the Brillhart Station Parking to go under the Howard Tunnel.  It took us 1hr 41 min to go 7 miles (we went a little further than we had to to just round up to the full mile).  I left my youngest wear my bib for her to honor her father who is currently serving in the Army even though he was born in Ghana.  He became a naturalized citizen in '97 & has served our country ever since.   Here are a couple of pictures I was able to take along the run.


You never know what you might see while out for a run on the rail trail!  It was such a gorgeous day that some people had their own rail cars out for a ride!  Then some even had their horses out for a walk.I hope all veterans past, present, & future had a great day as I did with my kids.  Thank you all for your service!

Today is also World Run Day that I had signed up to do a 5K on, so I was able to just run them together.

1 comment:

  1. Two races in one day - I must be rubbing off on you!!! You're a rockstar!!! Keep up the awesome job!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete