Thursday, November 15, 2012

November Goal Update

Well we are now halfway thru November already, so I thought it would be a good time to take a look at my goals to see where I am at with them to see if November is being awesome for me!  & I think it is!! 

1)1) As of this morning when I weighed in I am at 214.6 lbs.  I want to shoot for that scale to say 209.9 lbs or less.  That's only 4.7 lbs to lose!  I am doing really great with this one!!  As a matter of fact the scale was my friend last week!!  :) I'm down to 210.5, so only 0.6 to go for this goal this month!!

2) I have been struggling with eating clean.  I can do good for 1 meal or 2 but not usually all day consistantly, so for this month I want to eat clean all day for at least 4 days a week.  If this goes good this month, next month I plan on increasing to 5 days a week.  Well I am still in the same boat here.  I am good with 1 or 2 meals a day & then the last one isn't to hot.  I think it's something to do with having to make myself something different than the rest of the house that is hindering this goal.  So lets see.  We have 15 days left this month, so I want to shoot for 6-7 good clean eating days.  :)

3) I haven't very little to none upper body strength, so I want to commit to strength training 3x's a week!  Ok, this is the one that really has gotten me.  I haven't done any of my strength training this month & that needs to change.  Going to put CLX in the DVD player today!!

4) Last but not least goal has to do with 2 challenges I have joined for this month!
The 1st challenge is a step challenge from a friend on Facebook.  She named the challenge "Step It Up."  This challenge is to get an average of 13,000 steps daily for the entire month.  I did the challenge with her back in July & was able to complete it.  If you want to check it out, here is the link. Step It Up Challenge.  

The daily step challenge is going really good.  I am behind a little from the days we went to NYC right after Hurricane Sandy to check on family, but I am slowly making them up.  After 14 days we are to be at 182,000 steps & I have 173,929 steps, so that leaves me only 8,071 steps behind & half the month to make them up.  :) 
The 2nd challenge I have joined for November is "Pile on the Miles" My friend Angie stumbled upon a running blog that talked about this one which she mentioned to me & since we already have our "Run to the New Year" challenge going on, we both thought they could go hand in hand with each other.  This one is all about running a little more mile instead of the usual gaining a few pounds with the holiday season fast approaching. The challenge ask us to set a goal for the month & since I saw Angie set a goal of 85 miles of walking/running, I thought we could work on the same amount & keep pushing each other as we may each need.  85 miles in a month breaks down to 21.3 miles/week & of those I personally would like to see 12 miles come from running. :) This one even has prizes!! Even though it would be nice to win one of them, my prize is hopefully will be to weigh in under my goal.  The blog Angie found this challenge at: Run Eat Repeat!!
I am doing really well with this goal/challenge also. I am actually ahead of the game! :)  Right now I have completed 45.32 miles, so I am over halfway there.  Less than 40 miles to go & still have 48.3 miles planned on our November training plan.  Hmm???  I wonder if I should just go for the full 100 miles this month?!?  With what is completed & what is planned that puts me already at 93.62 miles, so I would only have to add another 6.38 miles into the last half of this month.  You know what, I am going to go for it!!!   :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job so far this month!!! You're right on track for where you want to be, that's awesome! Excellent job on losing the weight you want to...glad your blasting through that plateau. I think 100 miles is definitely doable for you! You so got it!!!!

    ReplyDelete