Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Goals

I am going to try something "new" for me & start setting some monthly goals for me & maybe that will help me get out of this plateau I seem to be at after the 1st initial 20 lb weightloss.  Actually I am not so sure of it being a plateau or putting my body into starvation mode by not eating enough, so here are my goals for November.

1) As of this morning when I weighed in I am at 214.6 lbs.  I want to shoot for that scale to say 209.9 lbs or less.  That's only 4.7 lbs to lose!

2) I have been struggling with eating clean.  I can do good for 1 meal or 2 but not usually all day consistantly, so for this month I want to eat clean all day for at least 4 days a week.  If this goes good this month, next month I plan on increasing to 5 days a week.

3) I haven't very little to none upper body strength, so I want to commit to strength training 3x's a week!

4) Last but not least goal has to do with 2 challenges I have joined for this month! 
The 1st challenge is a step challenge from a friend on Facebook.  She named the challenge "Step It Up."  This challenge is to get an average of 13,000 steps daily for the entire month.  I did the challenge with her back in July & was able to complete it.  If you want to check it out, here is the link. Step It Up Challenge
The 2nd challenge I have joined for November is "Pile on the Miles" My friend Angie stumbled upon a running blog that talked about this one which she mentioned to me & since we already have our "Run to the New Year" challenge going on, we both thought they could go hand in hand with each other.  This one is all about running a little more mile instead of the usual gaining a few pounds with the holiday season fast approaching. The challenge ask us to set a goal for the month & since I saw Angie set a goal of 85 miles of walking/running, I thought we could work on the same amount & keep pushing each other as we may each need.  85 miles in a month breaks down to 21.3 miles/week & of those I personally would like to see 12 miles come from running. :) This one even has prizes!! Even though it would be nice to win one of them, my prize is hopefully will be to weigh in under my goal.  The blog Angie found this challenge at: Run Eat Repeat!!
So with those goals & I hope November is AWESOME to me!!  Let's go!!


1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals! I know you'll be able to lose 5 lbs!! I've got all the confidence in the World in you. Eating clean is tough! Just remind yourself of why you're doing it and it should get easier. Little changes really make a big impact. I need to work on my strength training as well; I like it, just haven't been making the time for it.

    ReplyDelete