Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ChaLean Extreme: Day 2 & 3



The ChaLean Extreme (CLX) schedule called for a rest day on Day 2 already & it was such a nice gorgeous Dec day out that I tried to use it to my advantage & get out for a nice run, but my shins had other plans I guess. After I got my youngest, Lydia, to bed I set out to do a quick 5K, but before I could even get to the 1 mile mark I had to find the nearest bench at the school to sit down on. My shins were hurting soo bad.
Both types of pain right now. :(


 After about 5 or so min they felt better so that I was able to get back up & moving again. I played it safe to finish my run by doing a walk/jog. I got my 5K in & sat resting my legs for the rest of the evening. It's really starting to sound like I have shin splints, so I'm taking a break from my running/walking miles until 1) I am able to get to a running speciality store to have my feet fitted for new sneakers, 2) I get some compression socks/sleeves to wear for my shins, so with those 2 I'm thinking it will be the New Year before I try again. I'm going to concentrate on CLX & then once Les Mills Combat arrives (supposed to be shipping out this week) I'll start it for some cardio giving my legs a full weeks rest at least.

Day 3 was another gorgeous Dec day, so I spent much of it outside with Lydia thinking I could get CLX Burn 2 done after my oldest's Holiday Choral Concert at school & getting Lydia to bed.

Steph is 3rd from right front row with the glasses.
 Well, apparently my dad had other plans, & I had to take him in to the ER last night for chest pains.


He was admitted for observation & after his other recent stay the weekend before Thanksgiving & nothing coming up, they have decided to go ahead & do a heart cath to make sure everything is ok. The other visit showed no signs of his chest pains being cardiac related, but they want to be safe as he already has heart troubles. So with that I didn't get home until after midnight last evening so day 3 didn't get to happen., but it will be getting to happen very soon as once I get Brady off to to school in about an hour, I'm pushing play on the DVD player! :) I'll need to take a look to see if I will try & get Day 4 in this evening yet to or just go on from here to hopefully get the rest days back where I want them eventually. :) Hope all have a great day & can get their workouts in as planned!







1 comment:

  1. Taking a break is the best thing you can do. When I first started running last year and I hurt my foot, I took about 6 weeks or so off, and it made all the difference in the world. It doesn't bother me anymore. Now I'm dealing with other foot issues but that's from poor shoe choices - Nike's are so NOT for me!
    I really hope they figure out what's going on with your Dad. As always if you need anything at all please just let us know. We are thinking of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete