Sunday, December 16, 2012

CLX Day 15: Burn Circuit 1

Friday's workout didn't happen with the Burn It Off & Recharge.  I am having problems with my left foot & after the cardio in Burn It Off on Monday my foot has really been bothering me.  & Then after hearing about the Newton, CT school shooting where the young kids & adults were killed, all I wanted to do was spend the evening enjoying my kids.  After my older 2 got home from school, my dad & I took them to pick out our Christmas tree & watching Christmas movies on TV with them.
I continued spending time with them all day Saturday as it was my scheduled rest day.  In the morning we went to hear "The Polar Express" story-telling & visit from Santa.
Lydia in Santa's rocker waiting.
Steph & Brady getting train ticket punched.
Lydia got her Santa. 


Then Steph & I got some cookie baking done!  We made chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodles, chocolate peanut butter chip, & some holiday chocolate chips colored pink with blue stripes.  :)

Steph making cookies.

Then the evening went to hell & back with not 1 but 2 family emergencies at the same time.  Thankfully our prayers were answered & the state police were able to find my brother in time before he did anything stupid like he was saying he was going to do on Facebook & texting his friends.  After he was found & taken to the hospital by the police we finally got my dad back into the ER to have his arm checked out as he is still having lots of pain from when they put the stent in a week & half ago. The on-call cardiologist want him to go get checked out for a possible blood clot, but thankfully the ultrasound came back negative for one but still no answers as to why he is in soo much pain still from it.  In case you haven't figured it out, I NEED A BREAK HERE!!  So now much sleep last night & today was just a somber day around the house playing the waiting game to see if my brother would call since we did not get to see him last night per his request to the officers.  He did call my parents, but still requested no visitors.  It's going to be a long week, as it's sad to wish Christmas was here & gone already without even having celebrated it yet for my brother to get thru this, but then not being able to wait to be able to enjoy it with the kids.  It's going to be a hard year for it for sure. :(
I really needed to get out of the house today & was wishing I already had my new sneakers as I was desperately wishing to go for a run while my ex-mother-in-law came & got all 3 kids to give me a break this afternoon for about 3 hrs, but I didn't dare try without having them.  I might see how my foot & shins do tomorrow night as Angie & I are going to meet up tomorrow to get our new shoes.  :)


Anyhow on a better note since I wasn't able to go for the run I so wanted, I did get some strength training in with CLX!  Today was the start of week 3 already!  Only 1 more time of doing this workout before moving on to the Push Circuit right at the New Year.  I increased my weights again tonight & boy am I feeling it in my arms as I am typing this.  :)  Here's my recap:

Burn Circuit 1
1) sumo squat with hip lift- (weight/reps) 10/12 12.5/12 15/12
2) lunge with posterior fly- left & right- 5/12 8/12 9.5/12
3) push-up with leg lift- 12 knees 12 knees (not as shaky & better form) 1 reg/11 knees (yes a reg one!)
4) dead lift with posterior fly- 5/12 8/12 9.5/10
5) lunge with core rotation- Left & Right- 10/12 15/12 20/12
6) bench press & leg lower- 8/10 no toning band 9.5 with band 9.5/12
7) squat with side bend- 10/12 12.5/12 20/12
8) forward-lean lunge with DBL arm posterior fly- 5/12 8/12 8/12
9) chest fly with hip lift- 8/10 8/12 9.5/12

(black is week 1 weight/reps, red week 2, & blue week 3)  I am really happy to see how I am easily progressing each week.  I'm also starting to get anxious to find out what the Push Circuit is like.  :)










No comments:

Post a Comment