Thursday, December 6, 2012

CLX Day 4: Burn Intervals & Ab Burner

Decided not to chance waiting for bedtime this evening either, so after kids got on bus & I got Lydia settled in the living room I was able to push play!  





Burn intervals was great! It is very intense. It’s 45 minutes long. After a quick warm up, you go into alternate segments of high intensity cardio and light weight training. The cardio portions last about 1.5 minutes. The weights portions last about 2 minutes. All the segments were different. You do alot of jumping for sure…but that gets your heart racing! The weights portions were designed for recovery and muscle endurance. You definitely work every muscle. Towards the end of the workout…it really starts catching up to you.

Today's workout & weights included:

1) jump rope
2) various bicep curls - 5 lbs
3) speed skate - no band today
4) overhead shoulder press - 5 lbs for 1.5 min & 3 for 30 sec
5) kickboxing drills
6) lunges
7) lunge with jump shot - 20 each leg
8) bent over row - 5 lbs
9) plyometric bowler lunge
10) bent over tricep extension - 3 lbs
11) kickboxing (hi-lo) - no band today
12) lateral raise - 3 lbs
13) sumo burpees - 20
14) more various bicep curls - 3 lbs (had to lower for this group as arms were really shaking here)
15) plyometric reverse lunges
16) weighted crunches - 5 lbs
17) kickboxing drills (speed bags)
18) squats - 5 lbs
19) jumping jacks/knee highs - no band
20) lower body blast for quads/abductors


& then last a 10 min ab workout with Ab Burner.  I am thinking every other week I will be mixing this one with Extreme Abs if not throwing this in for an extra ab workout along the way as I know I need to work on them badly also.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked the two ab routines with CLX. We never did the burn intervals...they look fun, and sounds like a great workout!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burn intervals was a lot of fun! I can't wait for next week. It's just a quick combo of just about all different weight moves she does with light weights & lots of reps. :) I can't wait to see the next Ab workout.

      Delete
  2. LOVE Burn Intervals!!! Just thinking about it makes me want to do it! I would not do Burn it Off and switch it with Burn Intervals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to rearrange some of the schedule with dad's ER trip & wanting to keep my rest day on Sat as I was going out of town this weekend, so tomorrow will be the 1st time I get to try Burn It Off & recharge, so we'll see how that goes for me. But Yes I really liked the Burn Intervals!

      Delete