Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ChaLean Extreme Extreme Intervals & 2 mile walk



Extreme Intervals is one of the workouts that comes in the ChaLean Extreme Deluxe dvds. It is an interval training workout that incorporates the use of a stability ball.  & In keeping with Chalene’s other interval workouts, cardio drills are mixed with strength endurance exercises to bring your heart rate down again before moving to the next cardio set. The use of the ball adds additional resistance and causes you to engage the core muscles to balance your body.  I liked using the ball for some of the moves we have done in other interval workouts. For example, using the ball while doing skaters really works your oblique ab muscles. Counter balancing squats with the ball actually makes them seem easier. Maybe it is just the distraction, but for someone who avoided lunges and squats, I actually enjoyed doing them with the ball.  I also found that I could get a nice stretch at the end of the workout by using the ball. My back, shoulders, and legs received a stretch so good I felt like I had just received a full body massage. It is so nice to feel good at the end of a workout session!



& lastly I enjoyed a 2 mile walk on the treadmill before bed & no I did not look like the girl in the video.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment