Thursday, January 3, 2013

Walking/Running Update



I gave my shins & feet the break they so wanted!!  I got new shoes, a plantar fascitiis sleeve, & some compression socks while I was taking the rest.  My legs have been feeling great so I decided to test the waters yesterday on the treadmill.  I was able to walk 1.5 miles with no issue & since I am just coming back I didn't want to push myself too much, so I stopped there.  Tonight I was able to walk for 2 miles no issues.  My goal is only to be walking this week & then next week, I will start out with run/walk intervals & continue working my way back.  I sat down & marked my calendar with training plans & mileage goals for a good bit of the year working on that New Year's Resolution for 1000 miles, so here goes nothing!!  Hoping everything goes good.  I am really excited for my races this coming year!!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH to no pain!!! You need to send me the stuff on the plantar fascitiis sleeve. My foot started hurting yesterday for the first time in over a year. Sigh...just in time for half-marathon training.

    ReplyDelete