Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Les Mills Combat 45 Power Kata & a Walk




After doing the second day of Les Mills – I was really hoping that Power Kata was going to be similar to Kick Start. The good news for me is it is. There are some differences though. For one thing instead of being only 30 minutes another 15 minutes is added to Les Mills Combat Power Kata. Also while there are similar moves to the Kick Start workout in Power Kata it gets a bit more complex. You will be introduced to a knee strike which I have to say I really struggled with. For some reason I just could not get the jump and knee thing right. There are jabs, uppercuts, crosses, back kicks, round houses, karate punches, and a street brawl downward punch.


I found Les Mills Combat Power Kata to be a lot of fun and I actually wanted more when it was over just like I felt after Les Mills Combat Kick Start. Power Kata for me is going to take some practice to get down. I found myself getting lost with some of the moves at times. I was not sure what side to punch on. I personally don’t think this is something you should worry about though. I say just keep moving and you are going to keep burning those calories and getting ripped. After doing Les Mills Combat for awhile you will get it down and be a pro. All I know is I am really enjoying Les Mills Combat. In fact I don’t even want to take the day off that is scheduled because I am having so much fun.


I should let you know that I am sore everywhere. I am writing this after completing my 3rd day and I can’t believe how much Les Mills Combat is working me. You may think that punching the air would not get you that sore. I actually knew better but I have to admit I am so sore. I was climbing the steps up to my bathroom today and every step I took just hurt. Some of you may not like this. For me I know I am doing something that is making me stronger and will get me to reach my goals so I cherish it. As long as you are not so sore you can’t move its all good. :)
Then I also had planned on a 2 mile walk this evening. I tried going outside for it, but the wind was really blowing making it a little to chilly for my lungs right not with not being accustomed to it, so I kept it indoors & on the treadmill. 35:31 for 2 miles. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job Patti! Embrace the soreness. You're doing simply amazing and I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see you after photos!!

    ReplyDelete